Personal Information Protection Policy
The Japanese Physical Therapy Association (hereinafter the JPTA) strictly adheres to the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant laws, ordinances, and guidelines to ensure appropriate handling and safeguarding of personal information and executes appropriate safety control measures.
1. Definition of personal information
Personal information is defined as information which can identify a specific individual, such as a name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other such information.
2. Purpose of acquisition and utilization of personal information
The JPTA acquires personal information through fair and legal means to the degree necessary for the promotion of JPTA and prefectural physical therapy association activities and utilizes that information only for the purposes stated to the individual to whom it pertains at the time of its acquisition.
3. Personal information security control measures
The JPTA executes appropriate security measures to ensure safety controls of personal information and safeguard against leakage, loss, or damage of such personal information, and establishes official regulations pertaining to safety control management for protection of personal information.
4. Entrusting personal information to third parties
The JPTA may find it necessary to entrust one or more third parties with personal information for the promotion of JPTA activities or for the protection of the personal information. In such a case, the JPTA shall secure a written agreement with the third party or parties to ensure appropriate handling of the relevant personal information and shall monitor the handling of that information through inspections or other means.
5. Provision of personal information to third parties
The JPTA will not provide third parties with personal information pertaining to an individual without that individual's consent, except in the following cases:
- Cases based on law or ordinances
- Cases in which such provision is necessary in order to protect the life, body, or property of the individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the individual's consent.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote healthy development of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the individual's consent.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary to aid national or local government organs or their representative(s) in executing business established by laws or ordinances.
6. Disclosure, amendment, or deletion of personal information
The JPTA will respond to the following situations within an appropriate and reasonable scope:
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is required as stipulated in 1. above.
- Cases in which, as a result of 6-1 above, the amendment or deletion of personal information is required.
7. Compliance regarding protection of personal information
The JPTA will conduct ongoing training and guidance for executives and staff to ensure appropriate handling of personal information and will improve such measures as necessary.
8. Acquisition of access information pertaining to this website
Further information on Google Analytics may be found at the following link.
Addendum: March 11, 2018
Japanese Physical Therapy Association
3-8-5 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0051
TEL: 03-5414-7911 FAX: 03-5414-7913